Make Us A Part of Your Summer.
Take a class at UConn!
Apply online beginning March 23, 2020.
Students attending other colleges and universities frequently enroll in Summer Session classes as visiting/non-degree students. We recommend that you check with your academic advisor at your home campus about the applicability of the courses you select for your degree program.
Non-Degree study allows individuals who have not been formally accepted into degree-seeking status at UConn to take undergraduate or graduate level credit courses. Classes are offered day, evening and weekends at our five campuses and online.
Why should you take summer courses at UConn?
- Summer enrollment is very affordable; UConn’s course fee is the same whether you are in-state, out-of-state, or online. Compared to other institutions UConn’s per credit cost is very competitive or lower. Summer housing is also discounted for those who wish to live on campus in Storrs while taking a course.
- Take courses that fulfill your major requirements, including prerequisites for entry to the business and engineering fields.
- Academic advising services are available to help you select the best course(s) for your intended area of study.
Registering for courses is easy:
- Apply online at nondegree.uconn.edu.
- Complete the non-degree application and click Submit. You will receive confirmation emails and a NetID when your application is approved (check your SPAM if you don’t see it).
- Follow instructions you receive to activate your NetID at netid.uconn.edu
- Search for classes by browsing the Guest Search page or using Class Search after logging into Student Admin (Tip: now that you have applied, you can enter through the “Students” link!)
- Login to Student Admin to register for summer classes.
- Important: Summer course fees must be paid once you register for a course. If you need to drop a course, do so by the end of the add/drop dates for a particular session in order not to be charged (NOTE: the enrollment fee is non-refundable). See summersession.uconn.edu/dates-fees/.
Detailed information is available at nondegree.uconn.edu/application-registration/
If you have any questions about this process, don’t hesitate to contact the UConn Registrar’s office at email@example.com
If you need help finding or registering for a course, please reach out to UConn’s Summer Session team HERE and we’ll respond as quickly as possible. We’re ready to help!