2021 Summer Session Dates & Deadlines
|Session||Payment Due||Add/Drop (full refund)
Period Ends and Last
day to set a course to Pass/Fail
|Last Day to: Take Course off P/F||Last Day to Drop Course with a W (no refund)||Holidays||Grades Submitted|
|May Term - 3 weeks
May 10 - May 28
|April 26||May 12||May 21||May 27||June 1|
|Summer Session 1 (SS1) - 5 weeks
June 1 - July 2
|May 18||June 7||June 21||July 1||July 6|
|Alternative Session 1 (AS1) - 6 weeks
June 1 - July 9
|May 18||June 7||June 25||July 8||July 4||July 12|
|Summer Session 2 (SS2) - 5 weeks
July 12 - Aug 13
|June 28||July 16||Aug. 2||Aug. 12||Aug. 16|
|Alternative Session 2 (AS2) - 6 weeks
July 12 - Aug 20
|June 28||July 16||Aug. 6||Aug. 19||Aug. 23|
May 10 - Aug 27
|April 26||May 21||July 30||The day before the last scheduled class||Only if specific class dates include a date listed above||Aug. 30|
|Summer Divergent Early (SDE)
May 10 - Aug 27
|April 26||May 14*||May 14*||The day before the last scheduled class||Only if specific class dates include a date listed above||Aug. 30|
|Summer Divergent Late (SDL)
June 21 - Aug 27
|April 26||June 25*||June 25*||The day before the last scheduled class||Only if specific class dates include a date listed above||Aug. 30|
*Manual exceptions based on scheduled class dates
2021 May and Summer Fees
The total cost of attending a Summer Session (including May Term) includes both course (per-credit) fees and other mandatory fees, including the non-refundable enrollment fee. Some courses, including all online courses, have additional required fees. See the following table for fee descriptions and terms.
|FEES||AMOUNT||WHEN THIS APPLIES|
|Course Fees (per credit)
Required/base fee. Charged per credit hour.
|$601 per credit for all undergraduate courses
$940 per credit for all graduate courses
|Course fees are calculated per credit for all students and apply to all summer courses. The per-credit rate is determined by the level (undergraduate or graduate) of the course. Examples:
Course fees for a 3-credit undergraduate course = $1803.
Course fees for a 3-credit graduate course = $2820.
Required fee (non-refundable).
|$45 for UConn students
$65 for non-UConn students
|Applies to all courses. You will charged the enrollment fee only one time per Summer (including May Term), no matter how many courses you take.
This fee is non-refundable once you register for any course.
|$30||Applies to all courses. Students are charged the technology fee once for any May Term course and a second time for any Summer Session courses (applied twice maximum).|
|Online Course Fee
Required for all online courses in addition to other required fees.
|$20/credit||Applies to online courses only. Students in online courses are charged an additional online course fee based on the number of credit-hours they are taking online. (Example: for a typical 3-credit online course, a student will pay a $60 online course fee in addition to course and other required fees.)|
Required when payment is late (see details at right).
|$150 per session||Charged only to students who do not pay their fees bill for a course by the fees due date for the session in which that course falls. Students will not be charged more than $300 (2 late fees) over the entire summer term.
See Summer Session Dates & Deadlines above. More information is provided in Important Notes below.
2021 Summer Financial Aid
Students interested in Financial Aid for the Summer Session should visit their website.
- It is your responsibility to pay summer course and/or other fees (for example housing/dining) by the deadlines listed in your fees bill. Fees for summer courses post to your account automatically when you register for a course. Fees will not be removed from your account unless you formally drop the course by the end of the add/drop period for a given session. These dates are listed above. Non-attendance in a course will not make you eligible for a refund, as you are fully responsible for withdrawing from a course on time. Payment for any registration that takes place after the Payment Due date will be due 10 days from the date of registration.
- Dropping below 6 credits can affect your financial aid award. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services if you have been awarded financial aid and are considering dropping a course.
- Payment options: https://bursar.uconn.edu/payments-page/ (note: paying by credit card includes a nonrefundable convenience fee)
- Students who register after the payment due date for a given session will have 10 days from the date they register to submit their payment before the $150 late fee applies.
- Billing Questions? The Office of the Bursar handles billing and payment for all Summer courses. Further information about fees, etc. can be found on their website.
- Looking for refund information? See Refund and General Policies
- It is essential you withdraw yourself from a course by the end of the add/drop period to receive a full refund (minus the nonrefundable enrollment fee). UConn undergraduates may add or drop classes through their Student Admin System account until the last day of the add/drop period listed above for each session. After these dates, you must withdraw in person at any UConn Registrar's Office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be withdrawn from the class, but a "W" notation will be added to your transcript to mark the late withdrawal. You may withdraw with a "W" notation anytime before the last class meeting for a course. Please note that you are not entitled to a refund for the course once the add/drop period for a given course has ended.
Campus Housing and Meal Plans
Students opting to reside on campus can visit the Residential Life website to review 2020 Undergraduate Room and Meal Plan details. All students residing in on-campus housing are required to purchase a resident meal plan except residents assigned to apartments.