Summer Session courses are paid on a per-credit basis for in-state and out-of-state UConn students. Payment options can be found on the Office of the Bursar website.
Total cost for a typical 3-credit undergraduate course: $1,175
- Course fee for undergraduate courses is $363 per credit.
- Course fee for graduate courses is $599 per credit.
- Some courses have an additional materials fee of $15-$75.
- A one-time non-refundable summer enrollment fee of $45 for matriculated students, $65 for non-degree students.
- For students enrolled in Summer Session 1 or Summer Session 2 at the main campus in Storrs, there is an additional $16 activity fee per session. This charge is non-refundable on the first day of classes.
- One time $25 technology fee for students enrolled in Summer Session 1, Intensive Session 1, Summer Session 2, Intensive Session 2 and Summer Session 4.
- There is a $50 late payment fee charged when full payment has not been received by the session registration due date.
- Matriculated students who register after the payment deadline will have three days to submit their payment from the date they register before the $50 late fee applies.
Dates & Deadlines
Registration start date for all sessions is Feb. 19, 2013:
|Session||Dates||Payment Due||Add/Drop Deadlines|
|May Term||May 13 - May 31||April 23||May 14 (100% course fee refund)
May 15 (50% course fee refund)
|Summer Session 1||June 3 - July 12||May 14||June 6 (100% course fee refund)
June 11 (50% course fee refund)
|Summer Session 1 Waterbury||May 20 - June 28||May 14||May 23 (100% course fee refund)
May 29 (50% course fee refund)
|Intensive Session 1||June 10 - June 28||May 14||June 11 (100% course fee refund)
June 12 (50% course fee refund)
|Summer Session 2||July 15 - Aug. 23||June 24||July 18 (100% course fee refund)
July 23 (50% course fee refund)
|Summer Session 2 Waterbury||July 1 - Aug. 9||June 24||July 9 (100% course fee refund)
July 11 (50% course fee refund)
|Intensive Session 2||July 22 - Aug. 9||June 24||July 23 (100% course fee refund)
July 24 (50% course fee refund)
|Summer Session 4||June 3 - Aug. 23||May 14||June 12 (100% course fee refund)
June 20 (50% course fee refund)
UConn undergraduates may add/drop classes through their Student Admin System account until the end of the 100% course fee refund date applicable for the session in which they are registered. The add/drop deadline dates for these sessions are listed above. After these dates, you may withdraw in person at any UConn Registrar's Office or you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be withdrawn from the class. The last day to withdraw from a class is the day before the final exam for the particular class you are registered for. Note: No refunds are given for classes dropped after the dates listed above.