Did you know ?
- 20 % of the population of California will be Asian American by the year 2020.
- By 2050 it is estimated that Asian Americans will constitute over 10 % of the entire U.S. population.
- From 1977 to 1987 the number of Asian American-owned businesses in the United States increased by 328 %.
- Some Filipino Americans came to the U.S. as early as the mid-1700s.
- Over 110,000 Japanese Americans were forced to live in internment camps during WW II.
- Asian Americans come from over a dozen different countries.
- Several of the most famous US Supreme Court cases involved Asian Americans?
AASI 3201 (3 credits). Come take this great online course during Summer Session 2 (SS2), July 11-August 12. It fulfills both a General Education Content Area 1 (CA 1/Arts & Humanities* and a Content Area 4 (CA IV/Diversity & Multiculturalism).
*Fulfills a CLAS/College of Liberal Arts & Sciences CA1 “E” World Cultures requirement. (AASI 3201 is a required course for the Asian American Studies minor & is an option for the American Studies major.)